What has revolutionized ITSM?
It’s the ITIL framework, of course!
With ITIl, you can align your IT services with market and business norms. ITIL v4 was a game-changer for IT service management when it was released. We all know that IT outages may cost a company money. To achieve zero downtime, ITIL 4 has shown to be a lifesaver by providing robust, proven procedures that you can apply to a wide range of service organizations and industries. Professionals qualified in ITIL v4 are in high demand nowadays.
However, finding work in ITIL is difficult.
Ahead of time, prepare for the 2021 ITIL Interview Questions. Every job interview is unique. ITIL Interview Questions and Answers are provided to assist you in preparing for your interview.
Let us provide the ten most important and frequently asked ITIL questions and their answer in this article. These questions are broken into two parts:
Basic Interview Questions and Answers
Q1. What is ITIL Service Lifecycle Management?
Answer: ITIL provides five layers of life cycle phases to maintain and implement changes.
- Service Plan: As the foundation of the service lifecycle, it ensures that all policies and strategies are implemented effectively. It works well for high-level performance.
- Service Design: This stage focuses on applying the user’s perspective to different processes and services.
- Service Transition: It encompasses and includes project and operational communication. It also involves improving service efficiency (where needed) for better service transitions.
- Service Operation: This procedure ensures end-to-end process overflow and stable service operations.
- Continual Service Improvement: This approach works with the four stages above to improve services and work opportunities while adhering to industry standards.
Q2: What are the ITIL Service Management Metrics?
- Progress: This primarily focuses on the existing service operations and how they are progressing.
- Compliance: Complying with the present industry procedure and market requirements is called “compliance.”
- Effectiveness: It focuses on keeping the services running smoothly and efficiently.
- Efficiency: When it comes to service and workflow efficiency, this is where the focus lies.
Q3. What is the RACI model?
Answer: The RACI Model is used to define ITIL roles. The RACI Model has four components.
Q4. Define Portfolio Management?
Answer: Overall, organization service management and artifacts are based on the current market and industry norms. It contains four layers to create a proper management presentation.
- Define: It deals with the scope and business requirements.
- Approve: This relates to the approval procedure for work produced based on scope analysis and development.
- Charter: After approval, this is the last stage. All the planning and accompanying work is launched and done here.
Advanced ITIL interview questions
Q1. How would you categorize the many IT service providers necessary for the ITIL process?
Answer: Typically, three service providers are involved in the implementation of ITIL. They do,
- Internal service provider: Dedicated internal service provider can handle the whole internal organization of a specific business.
- External service provider: All consumers of the external service provider have access to IT services provided by this provider. Any individual, company, or market is free to use it.
- The Shared Services Entity (SSU): It is an Autonomous unit that serves as an extension of Internet service providers (ISPs).
Q2. A service request and a change request are two distinct types of requests. What is the difference?
Answer: User-initiated service requests specify how an individual wishes to access or modify IT infrastructure. On the other hand, a change request is a proposal to alter any product or system.
Q3. In ITIL, what is the term “event management”?
Answer: Event management guarantees that the configuration services and items are observed and monitored regularly in ITIL interview questions and answers. As part of the event management process, it is possible to categorize or filter out events to examine certain activities.
Q4. CAB stands for what?
Answer: It’s a group of people committed to changing the management process. Generally, they typically handle the evaluations, authorization, scheduling, and priority of changes.
Q5. In ITIL, what is the term “CSI”?
Answer: Continuous Service Improvement is the abbreviation for the acronym CSI. It is the end of the ITIL lifecycle. The IT service provider’s entire offering is scrutinized in this phase to identify any areas that could use improvement or alteration.
End-user satisfaction is the primary goal of the Service Operations stage, which aims to keep expenses in check while also spotting any possible problems. It ensures that all IT services are recovered from any service interruption in the continuous service improvement stage. It makes it easier for companies and organizations to carry out quick analyses, allowing them to focus on business recovery better.
Advice & Suggestions
Even if you are an ITIL expert, do not “fly it” during an interview. Preparation is key.
- Do not limit yourself to ITIL-related questions or answers; write down anything you can think of.
- Practice such questions in front of a mirror to help you answer them more quickly and smoothly.
- Exam questions that focus on specific conditions, such as questions about how to use ITIL in contexts like digital transformation programs, should be practiced.
- Respond to inquiries clearly and concisely.
- Prepare for the company’s demands.
- If you’re asked particular kinds of questions, prepare answers that draw on your prior experiences and accomplishments, such as these:
- For the interviewer, have a list of questions ready.
An interview is more about getting to know the other person and getting a sense of their personality than getting answers to questions.
The data in this article should help you prepare for your ITIL interview. Keep in mind that ITIL is a broad topic, so you may be asked several different ITIL interview questions. Make sure you prepare for the interview according to the type of business hiring you. Some of the sample answers given here differ according to the kind of business hiring you. If you’re looking to become an expert in ITIL, consider starting with Simplilearn online courses.