What is XHTML? – Definition, Advantages, Examples and More
Basically XHTML is the acronym for the English words extensible hypertext markup language, which in Spanish would mean something like extensible hypertext markup language.
In its version 1.0, XHTML is only the XML version of HTML, so it has the same functionalities but meets the more stringent specifications of XML.
It acronym for extensible Hypertext Markup Language, is the markup language intended to replace HTML as a standard for Web Pages.
In its version 1.0, it is only the XML version of HTML, so it has the same functionalities, but it complies with the more strict specifications of XML
Its objective is to advance the World Wide Web Consortium ( W3C ) project to achieve a Semantic Web, where the information and the way of presenting it are separated.
Version 1.1 is similar but starts from the specification in modules.
In successive versions, the W3C plans to break with the classic tags brought from HTML.
What are the Advantages of XHTML?
- The main advantages are:
- As new ideas for web communication and presentation emerge, it will be implemented without waiting for the next primary HTML and browser support version.
- And new tags or attributes can be defined to express new possibilities.
- Now, web pages will be simplified more than before so that small devices can handle them.
- It is essential for mobile devices and possibly home devices that contain microprocessors with embedded programming and smaller memories.
What are the Examples of XHTML?
- Here are 2 examples of valid XHTML documents:
- <? xml version = “1.0”?>
- <! DOCTYPE html PUBLIC “- // W3C // DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict // EN” “xhtml1-strict.dtd”>
- Hypertext .
- <? xml version = “1.0” encoding = “UTF-8”?> <! DOCTYPE html PUBLIC “- // W3C // DTD XHTML 1.1 // EN” “http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11 /DTD/xhtml11.dtd “>
- </ head >
- In this example, the XML declaration is included.
- And XML declaration like the one above is not required in all XML documents.
- You can also use XHTML with other namespaces XMLNAMES, for example, the inclusion of metadata expressed in RDF within XHTML documents or other recommendations as XPath, XML, etc.
- To validate the document XML, you can use any parser of XML.
- Numerous of these tools can be found in XML Software (http://html.programacion.net/xhtml/).
- A user application must meet every conformance criteria specified in the Recommendation.
- Documents must be “grammatically correct.”
- The grammaticality of documents is a new concept introduced by XML.
What are the Subsets and Variations of XHTML?
- Existing for these devices include Compact HTML CHTML, the Wireless WML Markup Language, and the GUIDELINES ” HTML 4.0 Guidelines for Mobile Access”.
- Common characteristics that we find in these document types include.
- Introductory Text (including headings, paragraphs, and lists)
- Hyperlinks and links to related documents
- Basic Forms
- Basic Tables
- Meta information
- This group of HTML features has been the starting point for the design of XHTML Basic.
- Since many content developers are familiar with these features of HTML, they will understand the usefulness of a host language that can be combined with markup modules from other languages according to the methods described in “Modularizing XHTML” XHTMLMOD.
What are the Basic Tables of XHTML (XHTMLMOD)?
- It supported, but tables can be difficult to display on small devices.
- It also recommends content developers follow the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0 to create accessible tables (WCAG10], Guideline 5).
- Note that in the Basic Table Module, table nesting will be prohibited. 1.3.6. Marcos Las Marcos is not supported.
- They depend on a screen interface and do not apply to many small devices such as phones, pagers, and watches.
- Encab 1 The Basic XHTML Document Type.
- The Basic document type define as a group of XHTML modules.
- All modules is defines in the XHTMLMOD “Modularization of XHTML” specification.
- XHTML Basic is complete up of the following XHTML modules:
- Structure Module * body, head, HTML, title
- Text-Module * abbr, acronym, address, blockquote, br, cite, code, dfn, div, em, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, kbd, p, pre, q, samp, span, strong, var
- Hypertext Module * to List Module * dl, dt, dd, ol, ul, li
- Basic Form Module form, input, label, select, option, textarea
- Basic Tables Module caption, table, td, th, tr
How to Use Basic XHTML?
- Although Basic is used as a simple XHTML language with Text, links, and images – its simple design is intended to be used as a Host Language.
- A host language can contain a mixture of vocabularies listed in the same document type.
- It is usual for XHTML to be a host language, as many web developers used.
- When markups from other languages added to XHTML Basic, the resulting document type will be an extension of Basic.
- Content developers can develop for Basic XHTML or take advantage of extensions.
- It basic aims to serve as a common language supported by various types of user agents.
Is CBD a Good Remedy for Chronic Pain?
CBD : In 2019, 20.4% of adults in the U.S suffered from chronic pain in the form of neuropathic pain,…