Starters Pack – Every slot player needs a toolbox of knowledge. It is true that free spins slot games are down to luck and there’s not much skill involved in winning. Maximising your chances however is a completely different story. There is a lot of skill involved in the way you handle your funds, play smart and keep slots exciting. This is what we’re here for today. We are going to provide you with all the valuable tips before you play casino online slots.
Starters Pack – It is common for people to try their hand at slots and get burned. Nothing to be ashamed of – you can never know what to expect. However, by knowing a few important things and managing your bankroll, setbacks can be avoided. More about it below.
Table of Contents
Know which games to play
When you log in to any online casino, you will see plentiful lists of slot games, all looking suitable and attractive on the cover. They might all look the same to the starter’s eye but they are all different types under the hood. You will want to look at the games’ information tabs before playing them.
- Every slot has an RTP percentage (return-to-player). This is a measurement that tells you how much of the total money wagered is expected to be paid out in wins. However, RTP is measured over a large amount of spins (1 million and above) and might not reflect the
payout percentage of your individual playing session.
For example, an RTP of 90% means that the game will pay out 90% of it’s lifetime bets while keeping 10% as the house edge. However, if you wager £100 you should NOT expect to receive £90 back, the RTP percentage doesn’t convert to “small” wagers like that. To reach 1 million spins, you would need to spend £50’000 on a 20p stake.
Still, the RTP percentage is a general guide to how a game is likely to perform. You will want to go for an RTP of around 95% – 96%, and certainly no lower than 94%, unless it is a slot with jackpots.
- Slots have a volatility/variance measurement. This tells you how frequently and how big of wins you should expect. A highly volatile slot pays out rarely, but in larger sums. A low-variance slot pays out more frequently, but in smaller sums.
Once again, slots are random and can deviate from their variance measurements to both ends of the spectrum. Any slot can become low-paying or high-paying but such breaks in the game are rare and do not last long.
- Always choose games that have bonus rounds or other additional features, such as:
- Wilds – symbols that substitute for other symbols and link up wins.
- Scatters – the presence of these symbols means the presence of a bonus round/free spins.
- Multipliers – multiply your wins.
- Avalanche/Tumbling reels – winning symbols are paid and removed for new ones to come in. Gives a chance for additional wins.
Stay in the game for as long as you can and don’t break the bank!
We cannot stress enough how important it is to manage your bankroll. Starters Pack of Slots can eat up your money as fast as a hungry dog. Therefore:
- Only bet what you can afford.
- Choose your stake wisely. Playing at 1% of your deposited funds is considered to be safe.
- The longer you stay in the game, the more chance to hit winning combos right? If that’s something you’d like to do, then choose a lower stake to prolong your session.