Sony A7iii – Features, Touch Screen and Viewfinder, and More
Be that as it may, Sony A7iii, we have had the opportunity to test the camera calmly, and we are going to tell you what our impressions.
As always, with a complete gallery of images so that you can see the photos in detail yourself. By the way, for the test, we had had a Sony Zeiss Vario-Tessar T * FE 24-70 mm F4 ZA OSS lens.
It really could be a good definition of what purports to be the Sony A7 III: the camera set the minimum bar for anyone who wants to enter the sector of mirrorless cameras with sensor full format.
That is to say, all a warning to sailors who are preparing to enter this market (and it is not necessary to give names).
Sony A7 III: Main Features
SENSOR Full Frame CMOS (35.8 x 23.9 mm) with 24.2 effective megapixels and a maximum resolution of 6,000 x 4,000 dots
STABILIZATION By displacement of the sensor in five axes
- IMAGE PROCESSOR Bionz X
- SENSITIVITY ISO 100 to 51,200 (expanded 50 to 204,800)
- OUTPUT JPEG and RAW 14 bit (ARW type)
- AUTOFOCUS Hybrid with 693 points and 4D Focus technology
- MONITOR 3-inch TFT (921,600 dots) and removable
- VIEWFINDER Electronic XGA OLED (2,359,296 pixels) with 100% coverage and 0.78x magnification
- SHUTTER 30 to 1 / 8,000 sec
- BURST SHOOTING 10 FPS maximum
- MAXIMUM VIDEO QUALITY XAVC S 4K at 3,840 x 2,160 30p, 100M
- STORAGE MEDIA Dual SD card slot, one of them compatible with UHS-I / II, the other with Memory Stick Duo
- CONNECTIVITY USB 3.1, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.1, and NFC
- AUTONOMY 610/710 shots (viewfinder / LCD)
- DIMENSIONS And also, 126.9 x 95.6 x 73.7 mm
- WEIGHT 650 g (with battery and card)
- PRICE 2,300 euros (body only)
- In the first contact, we already verified that there are no significant changes concerning the Alpha Series cameras’ already established design without mirror FF.
- Therefore, a magnesium alloy body is maintained with a sober and angular but attractive design (although it is a matter of taste) with a very successful ergonomics that allows you to hold the camera safely comfortably.
- Thus, in addition to small tweaks to ensure the durability of specific areas that have caused problems in some models. (And we are not referring to the ones we told you about here ) and to make the controls a little more accessible.
- The notable changes over its predecessor ( the Sony A7 II ) are incorporating the AF-On button and the small rear joystick. To choose the focus point or operate the menus. These are things that its older sisters already have, the Sony A7R III and A9, with which it shares a very, very similar aspect and many features.
Handling and performance
- It is not something new about this specific model, but the Sony A7 III’s high customization possibility is still remarkable.
- Up to thirteen controls can be customized “to suit the consumer,” and, as we said before, there is something for all tastes. Of course, it is not difficult to feel a little lost and overwhelmed by so many buttons arranged for the right thumb to actuate in principle.
- Anyway, in the end, it is a matter of getting used to a way of working. And feeling comfortable with the camera, and thanks to its customization possibilities.
- It is easier than in other models, although it requires time to adapt and configure the camera. By the way, a better instruction manual would be appreciated for this (the one that comes with basic instructions).
- since the possibilities are many, and it isn’t easy to understand them all. We only have the resource of reading the complete manual online, which is not very comfortable.
Touch screen and viewfinder
- While other brands are giving a prominent role to the touch screen (which is new to this model) for camera control,. This functionality is limited in the A7 III, as we have already mentioned.
- In the capture mode, the use is reserved almost exclusively for the focus point’s choice.
- Which seems adequate to avoid mistakes or a random selection of things. When touching the screen or to bring the viewfinder to the eye.
- By the way, the screen’s quality is excellent, and its visibility is almost perfect from any angle. But it is somewhat overshadowing by an excellent viewfinder.
- It indeed has a moire problem in some settings, and that is very dark environments. There is a noticeable noise (issues that, of course, are not reflected in the photos). But its resolution and brightness make it indeed the best on the market.
Is CBD a Good Remedy for Chronic Pain?
CBD : In 2019, 20.4% of adults in the U.S suffered from chronic pain in the form of neuropathic pain,…