Razer Phone 2 Review – Razer Chroma for a Phone, and More
Razer Phone 2 Review
The new Razer Phone 2 review maintains the essence of the first generation both in design and in the performance of its screen.
It is logically updating the processor and some details of its appearance. The adventure Razer of the year last in the world of smartphones continues in the form of the new Razer Phone 2.
The advanced phone that emphasizes the combination of power and displays 120 Hz to convince those who prevail in a telephone their abilities to play.
In Engadget, we have already put it to the test to see if the new Razer Phone 2 has packaging to stand up to the most classic smartphones within the high range.
RAZER PHONE 2
- PHYSICAL DIMENSIONS 158.5 x 79 x 8.5 mm
- SCREEN IGZO 5.7 inches 120 Hz
- RESOLUTION 2,560 x 1,440 pixels
- PROCESSOR Qualcomm Snapdragon 845
- GPU Adreno 630
- RAM 8 GB LPDDR4X
- MEMORY 64GB V4 UFS
- CONNECTION LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac with 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC
- REAR CAMERAS 12 MP f / 1.75 OIS + 12 MP f / 2.6 (telephoto)
- FRONT CAMERA 8 MP f / 2.0
- OTHERS Wireless charging (11.25W)
- DRUMS 4,000 mAh, QuickCharge 4.0, water and dust resistant (IP67)
- PRICE 799 dollars
Spectacular Dolby Atmos sound
- With a quality 5.7-inch panel and also a 120 Hz refreshment, you can imagine that the Razer Phone 2 is very much enjoyed with video content. If this is your case, external speakers are the perfect complement.
- The stereo sound that we obtain with it is Dolby Atmos-certified, being compatible with 5.1 and HDR sound, with included bass reinforcement, and it shows a lot.
- Currently, they are the external speakers that offer the best sound on the market by far. They are tremendously powerful, and with an enveloping effect, that surprises whoever it shows.
Razer Chroma for a phone
- Although we have indicated that the design of the Razer Phone 2 escapes the fanfare that is usually associated with the gaming world. This time the manufacturer makes a small exception and adds its classic logo in colours.
- The Razer Chroma system that we already know from the laptops and peripherals of the gaming brand lands on the phone with predefined modes, more than 16 million colours to choose from and synchronization of those lighting effects with notifications.
That is not for lack of power
We did not expect Razer to fail in the more purist hardware configuration of its Phone 2. If you want to position your phone as a model to play and play, power has to be a fundamental pillar:
- Hence, for example, they repeat in the Razer Phone 2 with 8 GB of RAM (LPDDR4X) accompanying the 2018 reference processor, the Snapdragon 845 along with the Adreno 630 GPU.
- As for the internal memory, they are 64 GB UFS that we can expand with 1 TB microSD cards. Here Razer should have already thought of starting from 128 GB to improve the value for money appreciable by consumers.
- That good work in the benchmarks is logically transferring to the daily experience with the terminal, not only when we play. Thanks to the 120 Hz screen, the Razer Phone 2 is a terminal with a plus of fluidity and response that we cannot find right now in any other airport.
Improved battery, very welcome
- Although the official figures about the battery of the Razer Phone 2 show absolute continuity, the reality found us to a more favourable scenario than last year and something more acceptable for the demanding consumer.
- With a 4000 mAh capacity, Qualcomm QuickCharge 4.0+ fast charging and now wireless charging, the Razer Phone 2 has shown itself capable of withstanding.
- A day of use without significant problems. On average, we went to bed, with a previous goodbye game, marking the battery icon 20% of battery remaining. And the first few days of use with the Razer Phone 2 we put a lot of stress on the team while playing.
You can take photos, but don’t get excited
- The big mole from last year’s Razer Phone was undoubtedly on the camera. It was the weakest element of the terminal.
- And we regret to say that it continues to be so in this new Razer Phone 2, no matter how much we have found improvements in the results.
- The technical sheet is once again that of a high-end smartphone: double primary sensor. Its resolutions are 12 MP (f / 1.75) and OIS for the most prominent.
- And also, another 12 MP but with f2.6 and without stabilization for the camera responsible for the 2X zoom. The secondary camera stays at 8 MP with an aperture f2.0.
PKT Cash Crypto –Tips on Earning with Your Excess Network Bandwidth
PKT Cash Crypto – The possibility of earning because of what the internet offers is not a new subject. Many…
How Professional Photography Can Improve the Look of Your Website’s Design
Photography – A high-quality website helps your law firm stand out and produces a myriad of benefits you can’t get…